Thursday, April 28, 2011

power of a prayer

I have a neat new background on my phone that I have had for a few weeks now and it is a quote that says  

BE
 KIND 
FOR 
EVERYONE 
YOU 
MEET 
IS 
FIGHTING 
HARD 
BATTLE.

Isn't that the truth. My heart is heavy today as I think of the Tornados rolling through the south. Friends, families and loved ones missing. The pictures are unreal and set me in a tizzy wishing there was something I could do to help. Instead, I am feeling sorry for myself after being forced to get my blood drawn today by an overly hunky male nurse (like Grey's Anatomy kind) that wiped my tears. Good news, I lived and now feel that I should no longer be a baby about it today because there are many people in the world today hurting.





Trust in the Lord with all of your heart 
and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make your paths straight. 
- Proverbs 3:5

Hear my prayer, O Lord; 
listen to my cry for mercy. 
In the day of my trouble 
I will call to you, 
for you will answer me. 
- Psalm 86:6-7








Let us thank God today for all of those lives that were saved and pray to God for all of those mourning the loss of their loved ones. 

1 comment: